SilverDoor Limited trading as Central London Apartments ("we", "us", "our") takes your data privacy
seriously and we are commitment to ensuring the privacy and safeguard of your data on our group
to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal
data and how we will treat it.
- About Us
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data
controller is SilverDoor Limited (company number: 03950962) trading as Central London
Apartments, whose registered office is 3 Dukes Gate, Chiswick, London, W4 5DX.
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office with
registration number Z5228718.
- Information we may collect
- We may collect and process the following information about you so that we can provide you
with our service as effectively as is possible. We may collect and process:
- information that you provide by filling in forms or posting enquiries on our
websites, www.silverdoorapartments.com, www.citybaseapartments.com and
www.central-london-apartments.com (our "websites");
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out and details of any reservations made;
- details of visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data,
location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for
our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access; and
- your contact details if you become a subscriber to our mailing list.
- With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect
your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version,
time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL)
clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time); page
response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction
information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse
away from the page.
- We may collect the information referred to in clause 2.2 for system administration, to
report aggregated information to our advertisers or otherwise in accordance with this
does not identify any individual.
searches, recognise you when you return to our websites and estimate our audience size and
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.
These are cookies that
are required for the
operation of our
include, for example,
cookies that enable
you to log into secure
areas of our websites
or make use of
- Analytical/performance cookies.
They allow us to
count the number
of visitors and to
see how visitors
move around our
websites when they
are using them.
This helps us to
improve the way
our websites work,
for example, by
users are finding
what they are
- Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognise
you when you return to our
websites. This enables us
to personalise our content
for you, greet you by name
and remember your
preferences (for example,
your choice of language or
- Targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit
to our websites, the pages you
have visited and the links you
have followed. We will use this
information to make our
websites and the advertising
displayed on them more relevant
to your interests. We may also
share this information with
third parties for this purpose.
- For more information on cookies and instructions on disabling them please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- How we use your Information
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from
- to provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that
are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information
about products and/or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to
- to notify you about changes to our websites and/or our services;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, when you choose
to do so; and
- for internal record keeping.
- Information we collect about you.We may use this information:
- to process and administer online reservations;
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting,
data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to build marketing profiles;
- to send you newsletters and/or marketing material we feel may interest you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about
products and/or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we
collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the
purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your Information
- We may share your information with third parties, including:
- our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our websites;
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter
into with you (either directly or as agent for any of our property partners) and in
order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us or our
- carefully selected third party providers who may provide you with information about
similar products and/or services, where you have consented to such contact;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve
relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about
identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate
information about our users; and
- our review partners, Trustpilot.co.uk, who we may pass your first name, email
address and booking number. Trustpilot will process this information for the sole
purpose of sending you review invitation emails and will delete your data within 30
days of sending you an invitation email. Trustpilot does not have the authority to
use your data for any other purpose and will never pass it on to any third parties.
- We may disclose your information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may
disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which
case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply
with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our websites T&Cs or
other agreements; or
- We continuously review and update our administrative and technical security mechanisms to
protect your information against unauthorised access, loss or alteration. Whilst we will
take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure
from unauthorised access the Internet is not a totally secure environment and we cannot
guarantee that the information will be secure during transmission by you to our websites.
- When you make a booking or enter personally identifying information your payment details are
transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
- Operating Worldwide
- As we advertise serviced apartments worldwide there may be occasions where it may be
necessary to transfer your data outside of the European economic area. By submitting your
personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps
reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with
effect once posted. Your continued use of our websites after the posting will signify your
agreement to the new policy.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask to see the information that we hold about you and you may ask us
to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish
to do this, please contact our Technology team at email@example.com
Technology Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This version was issued 1st December 2017